Basic Lab Scope Fundamentals
Gary Smith of AutoMasters Training will present this 2-night class. Gary is a senior editor for Motor Magazine and has taught at national events like Vision & ATE. This course is being presented to MARC members at a fraction of the cost of just the traveling and lodging to attend such an event.
This hands-on lab scope classcoverssignal acquisition, basic lab scope testing procedures, basic set-up of the scope’s channels, triggering, time bases (Sweep speeds), pattern analysis and different applications for lab scope electrical and mechanical testing in various automotive systems.
NOTE! Bring Your Own Lab Scope. Don’t have one? We have a few extras! We will have a function generator in the classroom and students will plug into LIVE signals to learn how to dial in waveforms on their scopes during the class!
- Learn triggering and channel configurations, how to set up your scope for signal acquisition
- Learn sweep speed, V/A ranging and setups, how to read the graticule/grid and more.
- Learn how to measure and calculate Duty Cyclefor diagnostics or to confirm scan readings
- Learn how to measure Pulse Width Modulation(On-Times)
- Learn how to measure Frequency and RPMsfrom waveforms using cursor measurements.
Learn how to truly use and maximize your scope; itwill be CRITICAL to your future diagnostic success to be able to really understand and apply your scope to diagnose fix cars effectively!
|· Maximize Productivity||· Maximize Customer Satisfaction||· Maximize profits|
Monday and Tuesday April 22nd and 23rd, 2019 – Dinner at 4:30 pm, Class 5:00 – 9:00 pm
Location: Security Auto & Truck
4020 Old Washington Blvd, Halethorpe, MD 21227
Wednesday & Thursday April 24th and 25th, 2019 – Dinner at 4:30 pm, Class 5:00 – 9:00 pm
Location: Winkler Automotive
401 E Diamond Ave, Gaithersburg, MD 20877
COST: $249 per student
Download Registration Form Baltimore Download Registration Form Gaithersburg